Candle Care and Safety Instructions
IMPORTANT!!! NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED or LIT WHILE SLEEPING!
1. Place your candle in a safe place ie. away from flammable items, fire-catchy things, away from kids and pets and away from drafts.
2. When burning your candle for the first time, trim the wick to 1/4 inch size. This will prevent uneven and fast burn, flaring and dripping and will make your candle last longer. Make it a habit to trim your wick each time before lighting the candle.
3. For scented candles in a container, burn for at least an hour for the first time or until the melted wax on top (melt pool) reaches all the sides of the container. This will make your candle last longer and will prevent a tunnel in the centre.
4. For scented candles, burn the candle for not longer than 4 hours. This will prevent overheating of the wax and the container.
5. If possible, use a candle snuffer to extinguish candle flame. This is to prevent the wax from splashing and the wick from moving out of the centre. Otherwise, gently blow the fire out and re align the wick to the centre if needed.
6. For safety reasons, don't burn a candle all the way down. It is safe to stop lighting a candle when there is only 1/4 inch of wax left.